All international freshmen will be provided and is required to stay in residence hall for at least a year to help you make friends with local students and receive important messages and news from the university.
Sophomore may apply to continue their stay in hall or seek private apartments.
Please note that all hall rooms are 4-6 residents for each room and the university do not offer individual, family/couple suites.
Based on the university regulations, the duration of residency can be extended up to four years.
Introduction to Residence Hall
Wardrobes, Desk and Chair, Bed frame, Broadband Internet (user pays), Air conditioner (pre-paid by topping up the air-con card), Inter-campus telephone
Common Area Facilities
Communal bathroom, Laundry room (fully equipped with washers and dryers), clothes drying room, Common room (fully equipped with TV, books, magazines, newspaper, and etc.), Drinking fountain
Residence Fee: NT$ 7,000 each semester
Deposit : NT$ 1,500 each semester
Residence Fee NOT including continual stay during winter and summer vacation.
NT$500 is refundable after you complete the whole residence duration (1 semester) without cancellation of the dorm assignment and have returned the key and the security card upon check-out.
NT$1000 is for the overuse fee of energy; if you use the energy within the range, the fee is refundable after you complete the whole residence duration (1 semester) without cancellation of the dorm assignment and have returned the key and the security card upon check-out.
Winter/summer Vacation Residence Fee
Residents may apply for continual stay during winter/summer vacation with a charge of NT$ 60 per day.
Security card is required for entries and exits for security. The gate of residence hall closes from 0:00 to 6:00 every day.
For security purpose, night roll calls are made by residence managers at 22:30. A disqualified notification will be send to your home address if you missed roll call for over 3 times without prior registration at front desk.
1. The check-in date for Residence Hall is September 5 to 6, 2015.
2. Residents are expected to abide by the rules, regulations, and standards of the university.
3. If you intend to check-in earlier than the check-in date, please contact the Region manager stated in your admission package.
4. Residence Halls for Male and Female students are in separate buildings. Residents may NOT choose their roommates in the first year.
5. Residence cannot host others overnight.
6. Without the application to residence manager, residents are NOT allowed to let opposite gender visitors into the house.
7. For formms of student dorm application and withdrawal please visit this website. Freshmen please fill out the application form before you come to Taiwan.
International sophomore and above may seek to rent private apartments. Please note that the University cannot find off-campus housing for students. Students are recommended to visit NUU Rent for housing information near NUU and contact the lessee.